Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas, which was launched in 2021, is the fifth ship in their Quantum Class but she has some noticeable offerings not found on the other ships. This is why I have already booked this ship more than ten times this year, making it the most-booked ship of all the cruises I book. It’s easy to see why with all there is to do onboard. The ship is as much of a destination as the ports themselves!
While there are the traditional activities onboard (bingo, trivia, lectures, etc.), there are so many more incredible attractions and activities. These include:
- The North Star – an observational pod that will take you over 300 feet above sea level to see your ship and everything around you.
- Ripcord by iFly – get a sense of skydiving as you don a special suit and enter a wind tunnel.
- Flowrider – 40-foot-long surf simulator.
- SeaPlex – bumper cars, pickleball, soccer, basketball, dancing and more. You can also enjoy the Playmakers sports bar directly inside the SeaPlex, watching sports on TV while your loved ones enjoy all the activities.
- Zone Zero – a fully immersive virtual reality experience
- Splashaway Bay – aqua park for kids
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Sky Pad – virtual reality bungee experience
This incredible ship also has 17 different restaurants along with multiple bars and lounges. Not only does this keep down the crowd levels but also ensures that everyone in your group can find something they like.
In the evening, you’ll find original production shows, outdoor movie nights, live bands and more.
If you’re traveling with children, they (and you) might enjoy the youth clubs. Adventure Ocean has multiple programs for babies (6-36 months old) and kids up to age 12. Teens (ages 13-17) have an exclusive space that’s all their own. Just beyond the secret speakeasy entrance, there’s a gaming lounge, music, movies, an outdoor patio and plenty of comfortable places to kick back with new friends.
It’s easy to see why people love this ship. With so much to see, do and eat, there truly is something for everyone. It is the perfect cruise for multigenerational trips because you can be as active or as relaxed as you choose. Nobody will ever get bored on this ship!