Tickets are now on sale for the 2019 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) The dates for this years parties are select nights beginning August 16 with the last party being held on November 1.
This is a hard ticket event meaning that you buy an additional ticket on top of you park tickets. Tickets are now on sale. Tickets range in price from $79 – $74 to $135 – $130. There are AP and DVC discounts available. Tickets are now on sale. Tickets range in price from $79 – $74 to $135 – $130. There are AP and DVC discounts available. Tickets in August are less expensive and get more expensive as we get towards Halloween.
The event is 7pm-12m, but you can get in as early at 4pm. You can make Fastpasses between 4p and 7p as long as you are not holding Fastpasses at any other park that day.
What makes this party special…
- You get to Trick or Treat around the Magic Kingdom!
- The BOO TO YOU Parade. I’m not a parade person, but this is my favorite part of the party!
- The Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular. Yes, like the movie Hocus Pocus!
- Happy HalloWishes Fireworks…180 degree fireworks!
- Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball – a dance party with Mike & Sully
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam with Doc McStuffins
- Rare character Meet & Greet like Moana, Jack & Sally, The Seven Dwarfs and Lots-O
- Exclusive Party Merchandise
- Special Ride experiences
- Mad Tea Party – lights & music overlay
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Interactive Pirates
- Space Mountain – pitch black and special music
- Special Photopass Opportunities with Magic Shots
- Themed food; most of which is only available during the party!
So, is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party worth it? It seems as if everyone loves the parties and we were very excited attend. We attended the party two years in a row and had very different experiences each time. The key is to go in with a plan. Is your objective to to meet rare character? Take advantage of low wait times on rides? Experience all of the speciality entertainment?
The reality is, you won’t see and do it all. The first year we attended we wanted to ride as many rides as we could and see the BOO TO YOU Parade and Happy HalloWishes Fireworks. We planned to do the rides first, watch the fireworks and catch the second parade. Unfortunately, the crazy Flordia weather had other ideas. We were able to ride the rides we wanted, but the rain caused the second parade to be cancelled. We were also told the fireworks were delayed and no one was clear if they would happen at all. We decided to hop on more rides and as we exited Buzz Lightyear, the fireworks were nearly over. It was disappointing, but we did get to ride a ton of rides.
The second year, we knew that we couldn’t miss the parade or fireworks, so we went in with a game plan. We rode rides and got a great spot for the first parade. The parade is not to be missed! We are not ‘parade people’, but it is by far the best parade I’ve ever seen. Next we rode more rides and then found a spot for the fireworks which didn’t disappoint. We closed out the party and were thrilled we went a second time.
I would say that Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is worth it. To me, the parade alone was worth the ticket! We would absolutely attend the party again. We may go in with a different game plan of what we want to see, but wouldn’t miss the parade or fireworks!